Cosmetic Dentistry in Evansville
Smiling is one of the most powerful methods of human communication. No matter what language people speak, a smile is recognized around the world as conveying friendliness and happiness.
If you don’t like your own smile, you may feel self-conscious and, quite possibly, even disconnected from others. Cosmetic dentistry procedures could be the solution to this problem.
Very few people are fortunate enough to have perfectly aligned, bright white teeth, but cosmetic dentistry services can give you the smile you want. Dental restorations for missing teeth, veneers that cover imperfections and dental whitening can create a natural-looking smile that you’ll want to share.
Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry
We offer competitive pricing on family cosmetic dentistry and procedures that are an affordable and more practical alternative to braces. For example, while braces may be necessary to correct a significant overbite or other bite misalignment, a single crooked tooth or gap between teeth can usually be corrected with porcelain veneers.
Dental restorations such as implants, crowns and bridges do more than brighten your smile; they can prevent further damage to your teeth and bite.
Would you like a brighter smile? Whitening and removing stains from your teeth can be a very easy process at the dentist office. There are three ways to whiten teeth:
1. In-Office Whitening – (Opalesence-by Ultradent) The gums are isolated / protected first, and a high-percentage dental peroxide is placed on the teeth in 3, 20-minute increments. Dental impressions are also made to make custom at-home bleaching trays for touch-ups.
2. Take-Home Whitening – (Opalesence-by Ultradent) Dental Impressions are made so that custom whitening trays can be made. Custom-fitting trays are used so that the bleach material that is provided won’t leak out.
3. Veneers – Permanent Whitening
Veneers (Vivaneers by Glidewell Lab)
Veneers are tooth-colored custom shells of dental porcelain bonded onto a tooth’s surface to recreate a natural look. It can also provide strength for weakened tooth structure. Many times, little to no natural tooth structure is removed to make them, and no shots are necessary.
1. Be bonded to your smile with bleach-shade cement in order to permanently whiten
2. Reshape minor crooked teeth
3. Fill spaces/gaps (diastemas)
Missing teeth, provided that there is enough supporting bone, can have dental implants placed. After healing and bone-integration of the implants, they can be restored several ways:
1. Single tooth crowns
– Screw-retained crowns: crowns are directly attached to the implant.
– Custom-abutment and crown: this is directly attached to the implant and a crown is cemented to the abutment.
2. Multiple teeth crowns (bridges)
3. Snap-on complete or partial dentures
If all or the majority of the teeth are missing, then removable restorations (complete or partial dentures) can be used.
- Implant-retained: a snap-on to the implants placed to prevent slippage and gagging.
- Metal-retained: A metal substrate is used with denture teeth and attaches mechanically to the supporting teeth (abutment teeth) that remain.
- Flexible Valplast®: This material mimics the shade of the gingival (gum) and flexes over the supporting teeth (abutment teeth) that remain.
Subtle Changes Can Have A Big Impact
If you search online, you can find plenty of cosmetic dentistry “before and after” photos of celebrities. Often, the changes are minor, but simply covering a tiny gap or making a short tooth look longer can transform a smile.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures aren’t just for wealthy actors, musicians and models. Advances in dentistry technology and dental prosthetics have made cosmetic dentistry affordable.
We accept Care Credit patient payment options that allow you to pay in installments for cosmetic dentistry services.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment. We offer custom cosmetic dentistry services, as well as comprehensive dental care for the whole family.